There are hundreds of things that you could be doing to help your rankings. On page SEO is perhaps the most important process not only for better rankings but also for a successful internet marketing campaign.
Here are just ten of them:
1. Conduct a full site audit to determine any issues – Google continuously updates and optimizes its algorithm in order to provide the best results to users. SEO became more complex and difficult, as it is required to optimise several different aspects of the website. Therefore its useful to get an “expert” to have a look over your website of ways to improve
2. Write for your readers, not just the search engines – The most important part of SEO is perhaps having content relevant to your main page or site topic. The readable text on the page needs to be relevant to the targeted keywords and information in the meta tags and alt tags. It is important for every business to invest in fresh, engaging and quality content.
3. Improve your on-page content structure (H1s, bolding, anchor text) – The alt tags will help SEO as a brief, descriptive alt tag can add relevant text to your source code, which search engines can see when indexing your site.
4. Avoid low quality link sites in favour of sites with higher page rankings – Link building is not, and will never, die, and a site that has better, higher-quality links will outrank a site that doesn’t
5. Create effective title tags that incorporate your target keywords – The first step of an SEO campaign is a keyword research. With a keyword research you try to find which keywords or phrases people are using to find your website or competitor’s websites and then decide which ones to target. Meta tags summarize what the site is about and are still have a role in the search rankings. The description tag is what users will read when your page comes up in search listings and can make the difference between them clicking on your site or not.
6. Add your new content to social bookmarking sites – Social bookmarking sites have been around for a long time and are an effective method of getting your blog content seen and shared. Sites like Reddit, Delicious, StumbleUpon and Digg are popular among bloggers.
7. Utilise social sharing buttons on your site – Social Media is a fast growing factor in getting your website noticed, and is an important element to include in plans.
8. Remove any type of duplicated content from your site – Duplicate content issue occurs when the exact same content exists in your website under 2 or more different URLs. This can have a negative effect for ranking, as search engines do not know which version to include in their index.
9. Make sure that your URL’s contain the keywords for which you are optimising – This isn’t about having an exact-match domain. It’s about making it as easy as possible for spiders to find your URL and read it.
10. Consistently add new and relevant content to your site – Having unique, keyword rich text on a page can help to improve search engine rankings significantly. Write content that will actually help your users making a purchasing decision.
If you would like any further information then give the Dental Design team a call on: 01202677277.