So you have a website for your practice and are ranking well in search engines but you are still looking to increase your exposure to potential patients – why not create a Facebook Business Page?
Not only will a Facebook Business Page allow you to potentially reach thousands of patients in your area but it can increase the relationships you have with existing patients and help increase traffic to your website.
How do you begin creating your Facebook page?
1. You will be asked to enter a name for your page (most likely to be your practice name) and you will then want to choose the “local business or place” category for your Facebook page. This category will allow you to add a map, ratings and reviews, your website address etc.
2. You will then need to enter some details about your practice including a description, your website and a custom web address for your Facebook page. You will also be asked to upload your profile picture (make sure the image is 180 x 180 pixels).
Once you have gone through the brief set up wizard you will be presented with your Facebook page. It looks a bit empty at the moment but we’re not finished yet!
3. If you need a bit of time to set up and populate your page with content you might want to make sure that you turn off the page’s visibility by going to Page settings and changing the page visibility to unpublished.
4. Next it might be a good idea to add a cover photo (make sure to set the image to 851 x 315 pixels).
5. Update the information in the “About Us” section including opening hours, parking etc
6. Post some updates including some text updates, some images, some links to webpages etc
7. Change the page back to being visible
8. Add a Facebook button to your website and ask your patients to visit your Facebook page
9. Engage with your patients and have fun!
If you would like Dental Design to create your Facebook page for you and/or run your social media campaigns, please give us a call on 01202 677277