Online security is important for any business and one of the most important things to consider doing is converting your website to be HTTPS.
When a user sees HTTPS, and the padlock symbol, they are reassured that their connection to your website is secure. But how do you go about converting your website to be HTTPS? Below are the general steps involved:
1. If your website is hosted with us, talk to your account manager about purchasing an SSL certificate.
2. The SSL certificate will then be approved and verified
3. A back up of the website in its current form will then be taken
4. Change all internal web links from HTTP to HTTPS
5. Setup 301 redirects to permanently update your website from HTTP to HTTPS
6. Got PPC ads? If so, you will need to update your landing page URLs to the HTTPS version
7. Update Google Search Console with your HTTPS version
Converting your website to be HTTPS not only signals to users that you take online security seriously, it can also help boost your rankings as well!
So, if you are interested in converting your website from HTTP to HTTPS, please feel free to contact us on 01202 677277.
Our site has been converted to HTTPS!!
Inspiration taken from Search Engine Journal