Patient satisfaction doesn’t always guarantee patient loyalty. Satisfied patients frequently change their Dentist or Doctor due to finance options, convenience, and long wait times among other reasons. You need something a little more than satisfaction to achieve loyalty. An emotional connection is something that makes patients feel valued, cared for, and understood and keeps them coming back to your practice again and again.
It’s said that emotionally engaged patients have a higher lifetime value, as they tend to be loyal, satisfied, and ready to proceed to a new purchase.
According to Harvard Business Review, emotionally engaged customers are also:
“Companies that aim for emotional connection beat their competitors by 26% in gross margin and 85% in sales growth, with customers feeling more engaged and appreciated. They feel a sense of belonging, security, freedom and other “emotional motivators”.”
So what are the most popular motivators that affect consumer behaviour?
1) Standing out from the crowd – create appealing content that is appreciated by your audience
2) A sense of freedom – Make them feel a part of a like-minded community
3) Express empathy – Try to understand each patient’s concerns from their point of view
3) Have a positive regard for patients – Give your patients the respect they deserve
4) A sense of belonging – Create an engaged community of fans
5) Listen – Listening is the ultimate sign of respect
5) Social awareness – Each purchase contributing to a bigger goal
6) Storytelling – Show your human side with the right stories
7) Offer a comfortable environment – It’s crucial to be approachable and down-to-earth from the offset
Establishing that emotional connection, combined with your expertise, will differentiate your practice in ways that will be meaningful and appreciated by your patients.
If you would like any further information then please give the Dental Design team a call on: 01202 677277.