Facebook has recently launched Facebook Professional Services, a directory that helps consumers find the best local businesses and services to fit their needs.
What Is Facebook Professional Services?
Facebook Professional Services is a directory inside Facebook for local businesses. The goal is to help customers find local businesses with the best Facebook reviews and ratings.
Customers can use the search box to find businesses in the area based on keywords specific to the products or services they need. They can also browse the top local business categories.
Within search results or specific category selections, customers see basic details about local businesses, such as their description, address, phone number and ratings.
While there are no specific guidelines as to how the Facebook algorithm determines which local businesses to show, we surmise that it’s likely to be based on the following:
• Where the local business is located
• Matching keywords in the local business page’s name, description and category
• The overall average star rating of the local business
• The number of ratings the local business has received
• The recency of the latest review
• The number of check-ins for the local business
• Previous interactions between the local business page and the customer
• Connections between customers and people who check in, rate and review the local business
Facebook Professional Services has the potential to become a huge source of customers for your dental practice. However, at the moment, Facebook professional services is in beta in the UK, so the search results are very limited. But, if you want your dental practice to be ahead of the search game, it’s advised that you optimise your dental practice’s Facebook page as much as you can in preparation.
If you would like further information about how to set up your social media pages correctly, speak to a member of our team on 01202 677 277 who will be happy to help you.