There is little doubt that social media is where an overwhelming majority of people are turning for information, communication and social interaction during these challenging times.
It’s important to consider your position and how you can be a valuable contributor to the conversation. Now is the time to open up more lines of communication and social media and digital marketing could be the best way of maintaining that quality contact.
No one size fits all approach
1. Things are changing rapidly which means there is no single approach that will work for every single practice. Patients turn to social media for reassurance and support, therefore ensure that your content and messaging is relevant and appropriate.
2. Let customers know what you’re doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You should consider what patients need to hear from your practice to reassure them about the procedures that you’re putting in place to keep patients and staff safe.
Experiment with new Ideas
3. Experiment with new types of content like video. It doesn’t need to be professionally produced, (there are some simple tools that you can use to do this) but a video explaining what patients should do when they return to your practice could go a long way.
4. It’s important to show empathy throughout your social activity. Any messaging on social media at this time should be empathetic, engaging or educational. Use these difficult times to share your story to make your content authentic and relevant.
Stay in the forefront of patients minds
5. ROI is important, but engagement metrics like clicks, likes, shares, comments, etc. are a better way to engage with people who may not be as willing to spend just yet. Put yourself in the position to be their first stop as soon as they are able to when buying behavior gets back to normal.
Spend time listening
6. Spend more time listening. Keep an eye on comments on your post, your competitors, and influencers in your industry.
Now is the time for more engaging interactions to keep your patients up to date with changes in your services, to offer advice and information they might find useful, and to most importantly tell them that you’re now open for business.
If you would like any further information then give the Dental Design team a call on 01202677277.