With just two days left in 2014, it’s time for some annual digital marketing predictions for the upcoming year.
1. Content marketing – Content marketing has become a large part of many marketing budgets. Businesses are continuing to move from traditional marketing tactics towards creating high quality content that’s targeted towards their customer interests. Interesting content is one of the top 3 reasons people follow brands on social media. It is said that more businesses will adopt this strategy in 2015 and content marketing budgets will rise.
2. Marketing data – Data for marketing is more available than ever. Its increasingly easier to understand the cost per acquisition of a new customer and tie down marketing spend to see what’s driving profitability. Spending on analytics and the adoption of marketing automation technology is expected to increase in 2015. Marketing data will continue to become more detailed, easier and faster to obtain. More businesses will seek ways to be “Data Driven” as tools become available to help them digest and use the data.
3. Increase in low quality content – With more and more businesses creating content the increase in low quality content is inevitable. This is content that doesn’t really add any value and search engines are said to become more stringent on ranking low quality content.
4. Decrease in guest blogging – There are still legitimate reasons to continue guest blogging including brand awareness and traffic generation but not for generating backlinks. In 2015 fewer businesses and agencies will guest post for SEO purposes.
5. Adoption of video – The use of video has skyrocketed over the past few years. Video has become a useful part of marketing and it shows people how your services work in a way you can’t with text and images alone. It is said that in 2015 more businesses will create “explainer” videos and make them a bigger part of their user experience and lead generation strategy.
6. Personalisation – The more relevant something is to you the more likely you are to interact with it. This results in more patients, a higher time on your site, increased customer satisfaction and lower costs. Personalised emails improve click through and conversion rates. Online consumers get frustrated with websites when content appears that has nothing to do with their interests. 1 to 1 marketing is said to grow as personalisation becomes more available and more widely adopted.
7. Micro targeting and hyper-segmentation – Each year people use more websites and pass over more and more data. As a result sites like Twitter and Facebook are a wealth of information about their audience. This means marketers can now target a very niche audience size such as peoples preferences and targeted locations.
8. Increased focus on mobile – The ever-increasing use of mobile devices gives marketers more ways to target people during a longer period of the day. Mobile usage also gives marketers a chance to target people during different activities. It is said that mobile usage will continue to increase in 2015, almost making desktops obsolete.
9. Increased online ad spend – As people spend more time online in their work and personal lives, the opportunities for marketers to target online keeps rising. Online gives a wealth of targeting, segmentation and tracking options that you just don’t get offline.
If you would like any further information then give the Dental Design team a call on: 01202677277.